10 Random Facts About Me

My WANA711 Blogging Sister Angela Orlowski-Peart tagged me to post 10 Random Facts About Me and here they are in no particular order:

1. I used to be all punk rock in my late teens/early 20's. My favorite hair color was fucshia and I drove around on a Vespa scooter. Good times!

2. I used to get hurt so much when I was a kid they knew my name at the ER. I'm the youngest of five and I was always competing with the big kids.

3. I collect Barbies. I probably have over 100 so far. I need a bigger house.

4. I also collect tiaras and sometimes just for fun, I'll wear one around the house while vacuuming.

5. I'm a huge Disney fan. I try to go to Disneyland once a month and I'll get twitchy if it's less than that. If I could, I'd live in Walt's apartment above Pirates. In April we went to Walt Disney World and it felt strange to me. Too big, too commercial, too unlike Disneyland. Weird, I know.

6. We have tons of video games in the house, but the only games I'll play are Zelda. I've beaten Ocarina of Time at least 10 times and I cannot wait for Skyward Sword to come out later this year. The only Zelda game I put down was Majora's Mask. That game sucked. I have a bit of a crush on Link. Again, weird, I know. But seriously, watch this trailer and tell me he's not dreamy.

7. I don't follow any sports teams, but come July I'm glued to the TV to watch the Tour de France. Every two years I'm just as fanatical about the Olympics. I tend to pick favorites and take it personally if they don't win. I'm still heartbroken over Andy Schleck. Next year.

8. My favorite color is pink. As in, my office is pink, my iPod is pink, my iPhone cover is pink. If I could paint the whole house pink, I probably would. And black. I like black too.

9. When Dave retires I want us to live in a little cottage somewhere in the southwest of England. I'd love to have a proper English Garden, but I'm afraid I kill plants.

10. In 2007 we stayed in Scotland for a summer and I drove the length and breadth of both Scotland and England. I was terrified the entire time, but never told anyone. I drove an entire week in the highlands and found out upon returning the rental that I'd hit the tire against a curb and we were damn lucky the tire didn't blow out. We had to pay one hundred pounds to replace the tire, which in American was about $200. At least we didn't die on those sketchy roads.

And a bonus fact: I spent three days in Paris and all I remember is rain, losing my daughter at Paris Disney, and gashing my forehead in the pool. I want a do over!

That's it for me. Now I get to bestow the honor on four others to share their 10 Random Facts. These are four amazing ladies that I've come to know through Facebook, Kristen Lamb‘s blogging workshop, and writer's conferences. They are:

Chastity Bush            Diana Laurance      Jessica Theirrien          Elena Aitken

I hope you enjoyed my random facts. What's something random or special about you? Come on, everyone has a bit of quirky in them, it's okay to share with us. We're all friends and family here, but without the drama.

24 thoughts on “10 Random Facts About Me”

1. Isis RushdanIsis Rushdan

That was such fun. I’m posting my ten facts at the end of the week.

With so many tiaras, I’m glad you actually wear them even if it’s while doing chores :). Definitely do Paris over! You need to have fond memories of touring museums that feed your soul and eating decadent food that nourishes your body.

September 5, 2011
  2. Diana LaurenceDiana Laurence

So interesting and fun, Tameri! I would love to see all your Barbie dolls and tiaras. I’m bummed about your Paris experience, though…you definitely need a do-over Thanks for inviting me to participate–I just put my post up!

September 5, 2011

Anyone from outside the UK who drives over there deserves to wear a tiara all the time! I’m impressed!

September 5, 2011
  4. Cheryl SonnierCheryl Sonnier

I agree, I grew up in England and I never wanted to drive over there – I still haven’t learned to drive. I love that you vacuum in a tiara sometimes, that sounds so fun. Have you ever answered the door forgetting that you’re wearing a tiara?

September 5, 2011
  5. Brenda SillsBrenda Sills

Oh my! That was so much fun reading about you! What a wonderful voice you have – you’re so funny and interesting! I love that you wear a tiara while vacuuming!

I’m a fellow campaigner in the Fantasy group. It’s so great to meet you!

September 5, 2011
  6. Jason A. BeinekeJason A. Beineke

From punk to Barbie and Disney??? Well, at least I can agree with liking Zelda games, though Ocarina of Time drove me nuts with the li’l fairy. The game wouldn’t let me shoot her, either 🙁 Will be linking you to my site, if you don’t mind 🙂

September 5, 2011
  7. Marion SpicherMarion Spicher

Quite a switch from your youth to Barbie’s and Tiara’s! While vacuuming! So funny about answering the door wearing it.

I would so love to tour England and Scotland, special interest in Land’s End in Cornwall, York (recommended by a twitter connection) and the Scottish Highlands. A little more time, and a little more money and maybe ….
    Wishing you a great do-over in France!

September 5, 2011
  8. Linda BurkeLinda Burke

Sorry to be so late in responding. Great list of 10 facts. Love the tiaras and bummer about Paris. I’ve driven in California, D.C., Houston, and Dallas but it would blow my mind to drive on the “other” side. I am enjoying the 10 random facts for everyone who has participated.

September 5, 2011
  9. Jan MorrisonJan Morrison

I’m planning a trip to Paris in the spring – I won’t take children though!
    random fact about me – I once streaked a university pub on St. Paddy’s Day.

September 6, 2011
  10. Angela WallaceAngela Wallace

Haha, I was known in the ER for a time too, though that was from illness, not because I was a daredevil. And I like the computer game Plants vs. Zombies. 😀

September 6, 2011
  11. HartfordHartford

Love love love your random facts. Especially the collection of tiaras that you wear sometimes when you vacuum – fantastic! Love it! Barbies, pink, and Disney – girl – you are my hero!

September 6, 2011
  12. HartfordHartford

BTW, LOVE the new look – fahhhbulous dahlin’! :)))

September 6, 2011
  13. Angela Orlowski-PeartAngela Orlowski-Peart

Tameri, you are so fun! Fushia hair, tiaras, everything pink and Barbies! I’m coming over to your house!

September 6, 2011
  14. AnonymousAnonymous

Pink and black are my favorite colors, too! But the sad thing is, I’m still a bit punk/goth. It’s just who I am. Thanks for including me in the 10 Random Things blog. I had a blast posting mine! Oh, and you lucky duck! I’ve always wanted to go to England/Scotland!

September 7, 2011
  15. Leanne ShirtliffeLeanne Shirtliffe

Elena Aitken is amazing; I know her in real life.

I’m with you on the Olympics. It’s the only sporting even I watch consistently (of course, it helps its only every two years!)

September 9, 2011