Today I’m crazy grateful for my WANAsistas (and bro!)

If you've been hanging around this blog for a bit, or with me over on Twitter, you've probably seen a reference (or sixty-four) to my WANAsistas (and bro!). You might even have thought, what's up with that?

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the States. It's a time when we reflect on what we're truly thankful for and this year I'm adding my WANA family to the list.

Back in July the brilliant (and super gorgeous) Kristen Lamb gave an online blogging class and I, being terrified of all things online and Social Mediaish, joined. Little did I know that decision would alter my life forever.

First, I learned how to blog the right way.

Second, I found within the class people who would touch my heart, warm my soul, and make me laugh my pants off.

I found my WANAsistas (and bro!) Poor Kerry, he's the only guy from the class and we always talk about our sistas, but we can't forget our bro, too. We love you, Kerry!

These women and gentleman have been there for me when I was full of anxiety over blogging (How often? What? High Concept? Are you kidding me?) and when I needed a little support outside of the blogosphere.

Their ability to reach out and help amazes me and I am so inspired by not only their blogs, but them as people.

Last week in Vegas I got to meet Jillian Dodd and her daughter. It was super duper fantabulous! This weekend I hope I get to meet Debra Kristi and Jenny Hansen. If there was a way for me to drive all around the world to meet each one, I totally would.

See down there in my Circle of Friends? Those are my WANAsistas and bro. Check out their blogs, connect with them on Twitter. You'll be ever so happy you did and I'm certain your life will change for the better just for knowing them. They have this happy magic in them and they love to spread the joy!

Thank You my fabulous WANA family. I love you and am so appreciative for all the support and guidance you've given me, not to mention the laughs. Oh, yes, the laughs!

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Here's a little turkey humor for your turkey day. Try to watch to the end, this lady cracks me up!

47 thoughts on “Today I’m crazy grateful for my WANAsistas (and bro!)”

1. Myndi Shafer...one stray sock away from insanity.Myndi Shafer...one stray sock away from insanity.

*bouncing up and down in my seat* UBER JEALOUS! I want to hang out with you girls SOOO BAD! Shucks. πŸ˜€

Thankful for you, too, Tameri! Have lots of fun this weekend + a little extra for me!!

*big hugs*
    Myn

2. Leanne ShirtliffeLeanne Shirtliffe

The amazing things about meeting tweeps/bloggers in real life is that they ARE as you think they’re going to be. At least that’s what I’ve found.

Yay for bridging the IRL-Virtual gap.

And Happy Thanksgiving, T!

November 23, 2011

Awwwwww…we love you too Tameri!! The WANA gang rocks and I am ever so deeply grateful for everyone as well – you guys have changed my world! I am so jealous you are getting to meet a few of the gang face-to-face but here’s hoping someday we all get to hook up and hang out.
    You rock….love ya…mwuah!!!!
    xoxoxoxox
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours….

4. Angela Orlowski-PeartAngela Orlowski-Peart

Tameri, wana711 is like an extended family, isn’t it? I am so grateful to be a part of this amazing group. I can’t even imagine the world without you guys.

Have a most fabulous Thanksgiving, Tameri!

5. Diana MurdockDiana Murdock

Oh, Tameri! I sooo feel the same way! I love my wana711 family so much. You’ll always and forever be able to lean on us when you need! A reunion is a MUST!!!!! Hugs! Love you so much!

6. Marcy KennedyMarcy Kennedy

I’m so thankful to be part of the WANA1011 group, and for how the WANA711 group has been helping us newbies along πŸ™‚

7. JulieJulie

And we of the WANA1011 class are grateful to you for helping us along! You have been generous with your time and support.

November 23, 2011
  8. Jillian Dodd - Glitter, Bliss and Perfect ChaosJillian Dodd - Glitter, Bliss and Perfect Chaos

It was awesome to get to meet you in Vegas!! And I’m super jealous that you get to meet Jenny and Debra!! I think we should all try and meet up!! I’m planning a get together with a few twitter and wana friends in Orlando the last week in June. Our plan is to hang out, see the Magic Mike movie, share a few cocktails and have some fun. We’d love to have all of you join us!! And hopefully some of y’all are coming to Dallas for the DFWcon this spring!!!
    I agree with you Tameri, getting to know all these amazing talented people through Kristen’s class and twitter has been so great!!

9. Coleen PatrickColeen Patrick

I agree the WANA peeps are so awesome!! I am so grateful to be a part πŸ™‚
    And thanks for the funny turkey video, news reporter bloopers are the best!

November 23, 2011

Tameri, you know you are speaking for all of us in this post … and in your usual heartfelt, articulate style. How fantastic that you and Jillian met and now Jenny and Debra!!! The Wana711 family connection is quite remarkable and paying it forward to Wana1011 and perhaps … *gasp*, yes … the entire blogosphere is part of our mission as set our by our fearless leader, The Divine KL. Cue the Mission Impossible theme music here …
    We’ve had so much fun so far, just imagine what lies ahead. Happy Thanksgiving – today, tomorrow and every day!

11. Karen McFarlandKaren McFarland

Ah. I love this new group of friends. I feel like Myndi. Darn. But then again I’m a SoCal girl too. So you never know who you’ll run into, eh?

I can see it now. One day, in the not too far off future there will be hundreds, no perhaps thousands of Mywana peeps congregating together at a convention. Wouldn’t that be cool?
    Meanwhile, we will just have to be happy with our Twitterdecks! πŸ™‚

Thanks for all your support Tameri and love your post!

12. AnonymousAnonymous

You touched my heart Tameri. I too am thankful for all my WANA sistas and bro. What a wonderful group of warm hearted, gentle people. It was exactly what I needed at exactly the right time. Everyday, I’m awed by the generosity of spirit in this group. I was becoming so jaded… a writing group I was in for years was constantly being dismantled by a couple of drama queens and even though I was never part of the drama, I always wondered when I would be the next target. Many people I loved were hurt and quit the group. You and my WANA sisters restored my faith in the goodness of people. I thought I’d continue my writing journey alone, I never expected this from the class I signed up for this summer and now look… I have all of you! It’s so much fun! Love you Tameri.

13. Lena CorazonLena Corazon

Tameri, I totally agree. I want to echo all my WANA1011sistas above and say thank you for being so awesome and kind and welcoming to us all. It’s made the transition into blogging so much easier, and way more fun than I ever imagined it would be. πŸ˜€

I’m another SoCal gal here (well, I’m right on that SoCa/Central Coast border) and I would LOVE a myWANA convention. It would be such a blast.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

14. Naomi BulgerNaomi Bulger

From one WANA sista to another, we’re grateful for you, too! I can’t believe you got to meet up with Jillian – how fun that must have been! If you ever make it to Australia, you know you will have a very happy and welcoming WANA host here. And in the meantime, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

November 23, 2011

What a beautiful, heartfelt post Tameri! I am so happy to be part of the WANA group. Who knew it would be this amazing when I signed up! I am super excited for Sunday! Sorry Myndi. 

That turkey bit was just crazy! Why would they put that lady back in there with them big birds? She was ridiculous. They weren’t going to hurt her – too bad. πŸ™‚

LMAO at the lizard!

November 24, 2011
  16. Callene RappCallene Rapp

We love you to, Tameri! Happy Thanksgiving, and thanks for the turkey laugh!

November 24, 2011
  17. Barbara McDowellBarbara McDowell

Sending you hugs, love and high kicks from my corner of the country!!! Great post and I’m so glad you are in a central location so you can meet some Tweeps and WANA peeps. We have all been so lucky both find, listen to and apply Kristen L.’s guidance. I’m also thankful for all my new online peeps. Happy Thanksgiving!

November 24, 2011
  18. MarciaMarcia

You’re awesome, Tameri! We all feel the same about you. I’m jealous that I’m on the opposite coast from most of you! All the Wana peeps are terrific! I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

November 25, 2011
  19. Bridgette BoothBridgette Booth

How did I miss this post?!!! I’m so jealous you got to meet up with Jillian!!!!

But you are thinking about going to Dallas?? Hmmm. . . I’d love to try to attend.

Gosh what a great post, Tameri!!! I’m all smiles now. see-> πŸ˜€

December 15, 2011
  20. seoseo

Thank you, I have recently been looking for details about this subject for ages and yours is the best I have located so far.