Magical Holidays at the Happiest Place on Earth!

Happy Birthday Alexzandra!

Alexzandra enjoying a glass of wine at Napa Rose

My baby girl turned 21 yesterday and I still can't believe she's all grown up. Wasn't it just yesterday that I felt the first flutterings of her inside of me? Time has flown and yet it hasn't. Since I've already devoted a post to how it feels when babies leave home here, I'll just skip ahead. We had an amazing day ~ first we saw Tom Cruise in Mission:Impossible and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Jillian Dodd just had a fabulous review on her blog. Check it out when you're done here.

After the movie, we headed to Downtown Disney to do some shopping and have dinner at Napa Rose. Alexzandra and I started the night off with a cocktail at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen before meeting David and Michael for dinner. Whatever that peachy thing was I had, it was delicious! Her first drink? A Gin & Tonic. Ew, but she liked it. Everything was perfect for Alexzandra's special day!

Since Alexzandra is a little shy, I thought I'd just give her a birthday shout out and then share with you some of my favorite things about Disneyland during the holidays.

It's no secret that I love all things Disney and Disneyland ranks up there in the top two. It's also no secret that I go a little nuts for Christmas, so when I get Disneyland and Christmas all together, it's a fab fest in my heart. There's singing and dancing, wearing of silly hats, oh yeah, there is a total party inside my heart that lasts for days and days.

Look how cute Mickey is in his little sweater and hat!

Disney does a fabulous job of making every detail important.

Of course, the holiday isn't complete without Santa and his reindeer!

Look out! The Haunted Mansion has been taken over by those peeps from A Nightmare Before Christmas. Yikes! Jack Skellington sure is scary as Old St. Nick.

And over at It's a Small World, where it's not so scary, things are all Jingle Bells and sunshine.

When you travel under the sea, Ariel will sing ‘Jingle Shells' to you, it's fabulous!

There are loads of goodies to sample while shopping in Downtown Disney or strolling through the parks. Two of our favorites are the candy apples from Marcelines and the hand made candy canes from the candy shoppe on Main Street.

They are even tastier than they are cute!

My favorite place in all of Disneyland is Sleeping Beauty's Castle.

With the additions of snow and icicles, the castle is gorgeous during the day…

But at night the castle is simply stunning.

Where is your favorite place to spend the holidays? Is there somewhere special you like to visit or a certain road with loads of colorful lights you like to drive past each year? What makes the holidays just a little more magical for you?

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah to all my friends!

28 thoughts on “Magical Holidays at the Happiest Place on Earth!”

Happy BIRTHDAY Alexzandra!!
    OMG stunning! It sounds simply magical and wonderful! What a perfect day.
    For us, we live in a small city – around 75,000 people – so we spend the holidays usually around home. Although we always take drive around the city to see all the lights and decorations that people have. It’s one of my most favorite traditions. The lights make everything magical for me.
    I’d love to see the castle in person decorated like that…heaven!

December 19, 2011
  2. susielindaususielindau

Happy birthday to your daughter! Mine turns 20 right after Christmas.
    I know this will sound cliche, but I would go anywhere as long as I can be with my family on Christmas!
    Great post!

December 19, 2011
  3. Myndi Shafer...one stray sock away from insanity.Myndi Shafer...one stray sock away from insanity.

Happy birthday to your sweet girl!! I’ve never been to Disneyland, but I really, really, really, really hope that someday soon – after girl #2 arrives – to make it. Sweet Z wants to meet Belle and Cinderella so badly she can taste it! 🙂

December 19, 2011
  4. Angela WallaceAngela Wallace

I vaguely remember going to Disneyland when they had the Christmas decorations. I was pretty young, but I remember the parade at night with all the lights. Very magical. Now, I strongly dislike travel. Home is where my heart is. And my bed. 😉

December 19, 2011

Oh what fun! Happy Birthday Little Ms. Etherton! That sounds like a great day! I don’t believe I’ve ever seen the castle decorated like that. Sounds fabulous! I recall going at New Year’s Eve once in high school, but I don’t believe I’ve ever braved the crowds at Christmas time. I’m so glad you guys are having a blast. We’re off to see Mission Impossible tonight.

December 19, 2011

What a great celebration you all had! My congrats to Alexzandra (love the spelling!) too and thanks for the photos of Christmas at Disneyland. Magical, indeed!
    I’m with you about the best place at Christmas being wherever the family is. Nothing else matters. I know you will make the holidays very special in your inimitable Tameri-sparkle way. A merry, merry, happy, happy, ho, ho, ho to you and yours!

December 19, 2011

This post gave me the chills, Tameri. Your love for Alexzandra is so evident… I swear I felt a mom/daughter hug. You know precisely how to “mom” her, with respect for her preferences. I marvel at mothers with that capability, knowing just how to love their children, in ways as unique as they are. May her birthday bring both of you more joy than Disney’s ever seen!

PS I was a Christmastime baby, too… The best time to celebrate, IMHO. 😉

December 19, 2011

Oops! Hope her birthday DID and is STILL brining you more joy… 😉 Christmas is a season, why not birthdays?? LOL

December 19, 2011
  9. PatriciaPatricia

Disneyland any time is the most awesome place on earth, but at Christmas it’s give a whole new meaning to magical! I love all things Disney and my favorite place is New Orleans Square with all the party decorations for Christmas.

Thanks for the lovely pictures and virtual visit to Disneyland!

Patricia Rickrode
    w/a Jansen Schmidt

December 19, 2011
  10. Carrie SpencerCarrie Spencer

Happy birthday Alexzandra! =) Love the Disney pictures…and i agree, the castle with the icicles is a stunner. Wonder if I can talk DH into doing that with our farmhouse? =)

December 19, 2011
  11. Tiffany A WhiteTiffany A White

Merry Christmas! I’ve never been to Disney, what a magical time of year! AND, happy birthday to your daughter. Napa is on my bucket list too. 🙂

December 20, 2011
  12. jennifer tannerjennifer tanner

I’m trying to think of the last time I was in Disneyland. Is it just me or does the place make you feel like a kid again? (I think they employ some kind of stealth mister that emits happy pheromones.) Do they still have Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride? That’s one of my favorites. 🙂

December 21, 2011
  13. JulieJulie

Happy Birthday to your gorgeous daughter! Sounds like a magical time (as only time with Disney can be). 🙂

December 22, 2011
  1. Friday FaBOOolousness – December’s MarvelOoous Holiday Mashup | Tiffany A White's Ooo Factor