Be the wind… feel the universe… quit your chatter!

Life is crazy and we all need to take a moment each day to recharge our spirit.

Sometimes, those around us just don't get it.

What do you do to recharge? Are you a yoga fan? Does your family let you find a moment to be one with the universe? Or do they insist on badgering you with questions while you're trying to find your center?

46 thoughts on “Be the wind… feel the universe… quit your chatter!”

1. MarciaMarcia

Cool video! I remember as a young mom there were days when it seemed there was nowhere to hide and have a little peace. I lived for the kids’ bedtime when I could retreat to the tub fully of warm soapy water for solace. 🙂

February 22, 2012

For cuteness! My family doesn’t keep me from calmness, but I often do. I’m much better at active relaxation than sitting still and quiet, which I’ve been learning to prioritize. Walking, going to bed early to read or doodle and music have become staples in my life… When I bypass them, not so good. Yoga remains on the maybe/someday/should-I? list. 😉 Thanks for inspiring me to give it a try.

February 22, 2012

Thanks Tameri – how am I not going to burst out laughing at yoga tonight?

February 22, 2012

BTW – welcome home! When are we going to hear about your weekend?

5. Lissa ClouserLissa Clouser

HAHA! I love this video. Thankfully I come from a mom who “gets it” and likes to take time to soak in the wow moments of nature when she can. And thankfully too I have a husband who might check on me once and awhile if I’m in a zen mood, but otherwise lets me be. He doesn’t always “get it”, but he understands that it’s important to me!

February 22, 2012

WAHAHAHA!! Love the video. Reminds me of hubby and I! Hubby will leave me in peace if I head into my office and close the door. But try to work on the couch or somewhere in his eyesight and…well…he’s a chatty little thing! God love him! LOL!!!
    Tks for the FAB laugh…

February 22, 2012
  7. Myndi Shafer...one stray sock away from insanity.Myndi Shafer...one stray sock away from insanity.

Ack! My phone won’t let me watch the video…but I think I get the idea. 🙂 LOVE it when I’m attempting yoga at home and SweetZ decides I’d make a great fort when I’m in the downward-facing dog pose…or when she tries to perch on my knee in a warrior pose. The best, tho, is savasna. She likes to pull my eyelid open while asking me very sweetly if I’m okay. 🙂 Not a lot of meditating going on these days! 🙂

8. EmmaEmma

Ha ha, I love their accents! I actually don’t know how to relax and just switch my brain off. I seriously need to take up yoga or meditation before my brain explodes.

9. Gayle CarlineGayle Carline

Ohmmmm. Ohmmmmmmm. I’d like to go to my happy place, but the damned taxes keep interrupting me. After this weekend, my happy place might be the PuPu bar at the Crowne Plaza hotel, telling stories about field trips.

10. Barbara McDowellBarbara McDowell

Ha ha ha ha! Oh, Tameri, this is the video of the week for me. The chatter bug one was my mother in the ER Monday night, hitting me with question after question from the waiting room to triage to regular room. Yes, she invited herself back. Imagine a person in pain trying to find their inner comfort spot with a chatty Cathy pinging words. It is funny…now. Heh.

11. Coleen PatrickColeen Patrick

So funny Tameri!!! I am sending this to my yoga loving husband right now! 🙂

12. Richard SnowRichard Snow

Putt on some good classical music – either really stirring stuff like the 1812 overture, or more gentle stuff like Pachelbells Cannon. If you don’t know that last one, look it on youtube. It will have in Rhapsody. I guarantee it or your money back.

13. Ali DentAli Dent

My family is an awesome support so much so that I have to be careful to plan one with them.

14. Richard SnowRichard Snow

Or take the dog for a walk. It burns up a few calories, 🙂 and makes the dog happy too. 🙂

15. Jennifer M EatonJennifer M Eaton

Ha! This shound like a day at my house.

“I am trying to reach my writing zen”
    “Yeah, okay, so, you want zen on your pizza? How long is this going to take?”

Very funny!

16. Karen McFarlandKaren McFarland

How to stop the chattering inside your head? LOL!

Always something going on inside. Cute video. I love the peacefulness of taking a walk. I’ve been trying to take Hubby along, but since the surgery it hasn’t worked out to well yet. And it seems that I am a social walker. Who knew?

And then of course there is the peace and quietness of reading a good book. I love it. I’ll take that over watching TV any day. Too much chattering sometimes. 🙂

17. Louise BehielLouise Behiel

As a young mom, I remember never having a moment to myself. and the sense that I could only get that if I “ran away from home”. it was a typical situation for a new mom. Ironically, it took a long time as a single woman to know I could relax alone at home – I still had the sense I had to run away for some down time. LOL

18. Marion SpicherMarion Spicher

I had an early bed-time for the wee ones, so part of the evening was available to relax and recover. Later when I worked, and the kids were teens, I would stay up late to reap the alone time. Now that I should have an abundance of time, I create an impossible schedule but am learning to allow/schedule leisure.

That video? Fabulous. I am still smiling. Thanks Tameri.

19. JulieJulie

OMG this is so funny! Thanks for the laugh today.

February 23, 2012
  20. Catie RhodesCatie Rhodes

We don’t hav groundhogs in my part of Texas, so I had never seen them until we visited Oklahoma on a family errand. At one point, we stopped at this public park. I took a walk, and these groundhogs kept popping their head up and watching me. They were too cute for words.

As for what I do to recharge: I read fiction. That has been my escape since I was so little my favorite books were Berenstein Bears and Curious George. Sometimes I listen to music. When we move house next–hopefully to a place with some acreage–I look forward to sitting outside on those rare cool blue sky days and enjoying the peace and quiet.

February 24, 2012
  21. Bridgette BoothBridgette Booth

Love that video! Oh my goodness – to recharge??? Alone time. That may mean getting up at 4:30 but I have to have it. Time to sit quietly and think. My family tries to give it to me, but they just can’t – or can’t for any length of time. Such is life. In another season of my life, I’ll be craving their interruptions so I won’t complain now. (Although you’ll hear a grumble or two if you listen closely. 🙂 )

February 24, 2012