Writing, Wine, and Women ~ in Italy!
Doesn't that sound marvelous? Well, you can make it happen.
The ever-fabulous Julie Hedlund has created an amazing opportunity for women writers to spend a week in Italy. Since she says it so much better than me, I'm going to bring you the information she has on her blog… which is so much prettier than mine, so you need to go there and check it out, just click here. Plus, she also has ways to help spread the word and save money on the trip, click here for that post.
Because I know you'll ask… no I'm not going on the retreat. I wish! All of my retreat/conference budget is spent for 2013, but that isn't going to stop me from helping other women learn about this awesome opportunity. If I figure out a way to make it to Italy with Julie, I'm totally there.
Here's what Julie has to say about the retreat ~
IT’S NOT JUST A WRITER’S RETREAT
IT’S A RENAISSANCE!
April 7-13, 2013 Florence, Italy Space is LIMITED! Several spaces are already taken!!
Don’t Hesitate – Register Now!
Are You a Woman AND a Writer?
Do You Wish You Could Take the Time to Tend to Your Creative Process?
Have You Always Dreamed of Visiting Florence?
Do You Like Gelato?
If you answered YES! to any of these questions, Writer’s Renaissance is for you!
In the Writer’s Renaissance retreat, we will use the city that cradled the creative genius of Dante, Michelangelo and da Vinci as a classroom to experience a rebirth and renewal of our own.
Whether you have been writing professionally for years or are just starting out, this retreat will kindle your creative spirit, add juice to your writing and send you home with new tools to keep the inspiration and energy flowing in your writing long after you return.
This is the trip you were meant to take.
As women, we don’t often give ourselves permission to take time to ourselves, especially not for something so seemingly indulgent as nurturing our writing and our creativity.
What if Dante had never written The Divine Comedy because he couldn’t get his wife’s permission? What if Michelangelo had never
sculpted the David because he couldn’t find a really tall ladder? What if Leonardo da Vinci hadn’t painted the Mona Lisa because he had too many other pressing obligations (which he in fact did)? Would the world be better off if these men were “responsible?”
You are a brilliant and creative woman. You have a masterpiece inside of you that is calling for your attention. You deserve to honor your need to write.
Take yourself on the trip of a lifetime. Register today. Take a stand for yourself and your writing. And while you are at it, eat some of the best food in the world, drink some of the best wine in all of Italy, and savor gelato while strolling through piazzas.
Writer’s Renaissance is for you if:
- You want to combine writing instruction and writing time with inspirational sightseeing in a beautiful city;
- You want to find new ways and new perspectives to electrify your writing on the trip and for life;
- You want to write and learn with a group of like-minded, creative women;
- You want to learn from successful women writers who have written memoirs, novels, children’s books, travel books, and more;
- You want to fill your creative well and give your inspiration a jump-start;
- You like “off the beaten path” experiences when you travel; and,
- You love food!
Writer’s Renaissance is NOT for you if:
- You want to spend most of the day in a room writing or taking writing classes;
- You have a very specific, tactical writing goal that you want to achieve on a retreat, such as plotting your novel or completing a comprehensive revision on your memoir;
- You are a man (sorry guys!);
- You want a mostly solitary experience where you can seclude yourself and just write;
- Your idea of the perfect way to see a city is a “Hop On/Hop Off” bus tour; or,
- You hate pasta, red wine and gelato.
- Six nights accommodation at the beautiful Antica Torre Tornabuoni – the best hotel in Florence
- Welcome Reception on stunning Hotel Terrace that overlooks the entire city
- Two meals per day – Breakfast + Dinner (with the exception of one day where lunch will be provided and dinner will be on yourSalute!own)
- Writing inspiration, instruction and exercises with Faculty
- All Program activities, including any entrance fees
- On Friday, an excursion into the Tuscan countryside to Badia a Coltibuono (Abbey of the Good Harvest), a former twelfth century monastery and vineyard, where we’ll take a cooking class, have a wine wine tasting, and enjoy a celebratory final dinner together
- Plenty of “white space” (free time) for you to write, explore the city, visit museums or just rest
- Plus, the hotel provides unlimited tea and coffee through the day, 24 hr. access to both of its stunning terraces, an international newspaper each day, free WiFi, assistance making reservations for museums and tours you might want to visit in your free time, and a doctor on duty 24 hrs
- Airfare and/or ground transportation to and from Florence
- Ground transportation to and from the hotel in Florence
- One meal per day
- Alcohol (with the exception of the Welcome Reception and the excursion to Badia a Coltibuono)
- Hotel services/amenities/refreshments not included in the Program
If, in the unlikely event you are not convinced you want to attend Writer’s Renaissance after reading this page, here are some more details. Go check out the Accommodations page that will tell you how the best hotel in Florence will be our home, the Program page for the current itinerary and the Faculty page to meet your esteemed instructors on this journey. There is also a handy list of FAQs.
*The registration fee is based on double occupancy in a room. It’s no problem if you are coming alone, as we will assign you a roommate. We’re all women, and we’re all out to have an amazing experience, so your roommate will no doubt be someone as wonderful and fascinating as you. If you must have your own room, there is an additional fee of $800 and your non-refundable deposit will be $1000.
Doesn't this sound amazing? I hope you'll be able to go and then share your experience with us!